Benchmark events of the Statue of Enduring Freedom monument project.
1. December 2016 - Extensive research begins on monument project.
2. January 2017 - A call-for-art national search previously sent to 270 top U.S. sculptors via NSS (National Sculptors Society) is concluded. Chicago sculptors, Anna and Jeff Koh-Varilla among the finalists.
3. May 2018 - Official award granted to sculptors Anna and Jeff Koh-Varilla (KohVarillaGuild.com) for the Statue of Enduring Freedom. Three-foot clay maquette and Visitor’s Center design are completed.
4. March 2020 - Freedom Alliance is organized as a private corporation by founder and military veteran Daniel L. Bolz.
5. April 2020 - Project website work begins. Design provided by Website Pit Crew (WebCase.io). Hosted by Go-Daddy.com. Project URL is purchased and becomes FreedomAllianceLLC.com.
6. March 2021 - Initial members of the Advisory Team are appointed:
7. May 2022 - Book research and draft completed in Florida. Working title for book is “America’s Freedom Megaphone – The Case for Building the Statue of Enduring Freedom.”
8. September 2022 - A.J. Rice, national publicist from Virginia (PubliusPR.com), and author of “The Woking Dead – How Society’s Vogue Virus Destroys our Culture”, is retained to secure a book publisher and promote the book upon its printing.
9. February 2023 - Professional photographer/videographer Andre Shane of Chicago (LavaGroup.consulting) is commissioned to take additional photos of the statue maquette with the sculptors at their Chicago studio. A sampling of these photos may be viewed on the project website under ‘The Monument.’
10. April 2023 - Post Hill Press (PostHillPress.com) owner Anthony Ziccardi formally agrees to publish project book; “America’s Freedom Megaphone – The Case for Building the Statue of Enduring Freedom.” Distribution will be via Barnes & Noble and Amazon.